Families who want to enjoy a family safari with their children can now book a tailormade safari adventure at Phinda.
Both educational and fun-filled, this safari includes a private safari vehicle, as well as a dedicated ranger specialised in guiding trips with children.
The ranger will spend time with the family on arrival, helping them to plan each thrilling day according to the children’s ages, their interests and the season. Just some of the exciting adventures on offer include:
• Animal tracking walks during which children make plaster casts of animal tracks
• Insect hunts with ultraviolet lights to learn about nocturnal insects
• Treasure hunts through the bush
• Specially planned game drives during which youngsters are given the opportunity to feel, smell, listen and see their environment
• Making animals out of clay, tree bark rubbings, painting with sand, palm frond weaving and traditional beading
• Basic astronomy
• Canoeing, boating and fishing
The cost for the family safari is currently R6,120 for a maximum of 6 guests, excluding accommodation. In addition to the dedicated family safaris, Phinda will continue to run an exciting programme of children’s activities at their child-friendly lodges.