Samara Private Game Reserve encompasses 29,000 hectares of malaria-free spectacular Karoo wilderness. The reserve offers a tremendous game experience for those hoping to see cheetah (there is an excellent wild cheetah breeding programme in operation here), mountain zebra, the once-endangered white rhino, big herds of plains game such as kudu, eland, black wildebeest and beautiful birds, such as the rare blue crane.
The reserve is only a 2.5 hour drive from Port Elizabeth, making it an ideal end to any family holiday that takes in some of the Garden Route too.
For any bookings made between now and the 1st November, Samara are offering these fantastic deals for families :
• Pay for 2 nights and receive the 3rd night completely free
• Children under 14 years of age will only pay 50% if sharing with an adult – and children under 8 stay for free
• During a 3 night stay, one adult will receive a complimentary shoulder / back / neck massage – I would imagine this will appeal to all mothers !!
• Baby sitting services are provided free of charge
• Children get a specialised kiddies menu
• Because children under the age of 8 may not accompany their parents on game drives, they can enjoy a whole host of kiddy-friendly activities, such as their own shortened game drives (with popcorn and snacks), face painting, baking with the chef, orienteering courses, sketch your own Bushman paintings, star-naming, making animals from natural products, puzzles, crafting with African beads, insect and bug appreciation – plus all children receive a free gift on arrival
• All families will get a treasure hunt walk in the bush with their ranger
• Family picnics can also be arranged
For a stay here if booked with Travel Butlers, we are offering the following rates :
August : Adults pay R2,845 per person sharing per night
September : Adults pay R3,535 per person sharing per night
October : Adults pay R3,730 per person sharing per night
Children rates as quoted above.
The rate includes all meals, tea and coffee, 2 game drives daily for the adults, local house wines and soft beverages. PLEASE NOTE: All other drinks are NOT included.